When it comes to laser hair removal, seek the best of the best:
- Our physician Dr. Omar Ibrahimi trained and served as faculty at the Wellman Center of Photomedicine at Harvard Medcical School, which is the birthplace of laser hair removal.
- Dr. Ibrahimi is one of the leading experts worldwide on laser hair removal and often lectures to other physicians on this treatment.
- Dr. Omar Ibrahimi conducts several research studies on new lasers used for hair removal and writes book chapters on laser hair removal.
- We are one of the only practices in the Country to own three different devices for laser hair removal spanning all 4 wavelengths (755nm Alexandrite, 800nm Diode, 1060nm Diode, and 1064 Nd:YAG) that can treat ALL skin colors for laser hair removal.
- We offer very competitively priced packages on hair removal.
- Each treatment in our office is customized and overseen by Dr. Omar Ibrahimi himself. So yes this means you will actually see the doctor who is overseeing the treatments.
While laser hair removal is a very common procedure, there are many severe side effects that can occur and cases of death have even occurred in patients seeking this procedure. Additionally, there are many variables in treating someone for hair removal. Just because a medical spa or other physician’s office may offer a lower price per treatment, that doesn’t always translate to a lower cost for laser hair removal if the person using the laser isn’t able to optimize the laser to obtain results in as few treatments as possible. Because our office has three devices and every wavelength used for laser hair removal, we can personally customize each patient’s treatment plan for optimal results.
Before and After ONLY 3 Treatments (More treatments required for full result)
Reproduced from Ibrahimi Kilmer Dermatol Surg. 2012 Jun;38(6):912-7.
Our unmatched expertise + latest & greatest technology + competitive pricing = best value in CT and beyond
- Click here to read about a recent magazine interviewing Dr. Ibrahimi on this procedure.
- Click here to read a recently published research study conducted by Dr. Ibrahimi for laser hair removal.
- Click here to read an article published by Dr. Omar Ibrahimi on this procedure
- Click here to see Dr. Omar Ibrahimi’s book chapter on laser hair removal in a textbook written by laser experts.
If you live in Stamford, Norwalk, Darien, New Canaan, Greenwich, Milford, Stratford, Westport, Wilton, Ridgefield, Connecticut, Westchester County or nearby areas, feel free to schedule a consultation with us to know if this treatment is right for you.
Commonly Asked Questions
Q: What is laser hair removal?
A: Laser hair removal is treatment that uses laser energy to gently and permanently reduce unwanted hair. The laser treats several follicles at once and therefore it is possible to treat larger areas such as the back, shoulders, arms, legs, and face. Laser treatments leave your skin smoother and silkier. Laser hair removal treatments are safe, fast, gentle, and effective.
Q: Am I a good candidate?
A: To answer that question requires a consultation where Dr. Omar Ibrahimi can examine the area of interest to be treated for laser hair removal. Ideal candidates for laser hair removal have thick dark hair and fair skin. However, laser hair removal can today be performed on all skin types in the right hands. Additionally there are many important things one must be aware of prior to treatment that can help maximize your results.
Q: Does it hurt?
A: The laser hair removal process involves a small amount of discomfort. Generally most patients can tolerate treatment without any special numbing medication. Topical numbing creams can be used to minimize the discomfort associated with laser hair removal.
Q: How many treatments does it take?
A: The results one gets with laser hair removal depends on a few things: 1) The type of hairs you have 2) The skill level of the person operating the hair removal laser. A dermatologist that understands the physics of laser hair removal is not the same as a nurse or nonphysician who has minimal understanding of the laser. 3) The type of laser used. Many places rent lasers which are moved around from location to location, which lessens the efficacy of the device. We use a state-of-the-art hair removal laser which is not rented or shared by anyone else. It is of a wavelength that has been shown to be the gold standard in efficacy for laser hair removal. Generally speaking, excellent results can be achieved between 4-8 treatments.
Q: What does it cost to remove my hair with lasers?
A: It is not possible to give a simple answer to this question. How much it costs to remove your hair with a laser depends on the area treated, with larger areas costing more and smaller areas costing less. Be very careful of those who offer you a bargain or a lower price. If you need more treatments because the person who is treating you does not understand laser physics, the “cheaper” treatment may actually work out to me more expensive than seeing a laser expert who can optimize the laser settings for you and reduce your number of hairs faster. In addition, the technology to laser hair removal is expensive, and many places use cheaper devices or rental devices that don’t function well. We employ a laser that has a wavelength that has been shown to be the most effective for long term hair removal.
Q: Who is the best person to perform this treatment on me?
A: We invite you to look into the background and training of the person performing any laser treatment. Lasers involve very powerful pulses of energy and wield tremendous amounts of power. Dr. Omar Ibrahimi is a fellowship-trained laser dermatologist who has carried out pivotal clinical trials in laser hair removal. His knowledge and experience in laser hair removal is not matched anywhere else in the state.
*Results may vary depending on the individual.