Stamford based leading dermatologist and key opinion leader in laser and cosmetic procedures, Dr. Omar Ibrahimi, publishes a book chapter in the 3rd edition of Surgery of the Skin Procedure Dermatology book. This book is the text book all dermatologist reference during and after their training. The chapter is titled:Lased-based Treatment of the Aging Face for Skin Resurfacing: Ablative and Non-ablative Lasers.
Laser Resurfacing. Stamford, CT Dr Omar Ibrahimi
The followingis the chapter summary:
- Many aspects of dermatoheliosis are amendable to treatment with a variety of ablative and non-ablative lasers and light sources.
- Ablative laser skin resurfacing offers the most substantial clinical improvement, but is associated with greater postoperative recovery.
- Non-ablative laser skin remodeling is a good alternative for patients who desire modest improvement for dermatoheliosis with a limited post-treatment recovery period.
- Fractionated laser systems provide the benefits of higher energy treatments with fewer side-effects and faster recovery than traditional lasers.
- Continued developments in laser technology will lead to greater efficacy with an improved safety profile.